AWARDS & GRANTS
The HUPO 2019 Organizing Committee is delighted to announce that a substantial number of TRAVEL AWARDS are available to support student and ECR travel to the HUPO 2019 World Congress to be held in Adelaide, Australia from 15-19 September 2019.
There are 2 types of award: I. Co-funded awards with regional and national HUPO / Proteomics Societies; II. HUPO 2019 bursaries provided by the HUPO 2019 Organizing Committee.
When registering for the HUPO 2019 World Congress, you can apply simultaneously for both a co-founded and HUPO 2019 travel award. However, successful applicants will receive a single award.
Please ensure you select the national / regional society of which you are a member during the registration process.
VIEW THE PROTEOMICS SOCIETIES LIST
Australasian Proteomics Society (APS)
Austrian Proteomics Association
Belgian Proteomics Association (BePA)
Brazilian Proteomics Society
British Society for Proteome Research
Canadian National Proteomics Network (CNPN)
Chinese Human Proteome Organization (CHUPO)
Czech Proteomic Society
Danish Proteomics Society
European Proteomics Association (EuPA)
Finnish Proteomics Society (FinnProt)
German Society for Proteome Research
Hellenic Proteomics Society
Iranian Proteomics Society (IPS)
Italian Proteomic Association
Japanese Proteomics Society (JPrOS)
Mexican Society of Proteomics (SMP)
Netherlands Proteomics Platform
Norwegian Proteomics Society
Portuguese Proteomics Network - Procura
Protein Society of Thailand
Proteomics Society of India
Proteomics Society of Turkey
Russian Human Proteome Organisation
Singapore Society for Mass Spectrometry
Société Française d'Electrophorèse et d'Analyse Protéomique (SFEAP)
Spanish Proteomics Society - SEProt
Swedish Proteomics Society
Swiss Proteomics Society
Taiwan Proteomics Society (TaiHUPO)
The Korean Human Proteome Organization (KHUPO)
Applicants will be notified of outcomes after the close of abstract submissions. Reimbursement of Travel Awards will be processed at the conclusion of the meeting
We look forward to seeing you in Adelaide!
Travel Award Application Guidelines
- You must be a member of a Proteomics Society to receive a co-funded award;
- You must be a STUDENT or an ECR. For the purposes of these Awards, an ECR is defined as a postdoctoral researcher with <4 years post-PhD award.
- You must submit an abstract as a presenting author (for oral or poster presentation);
- You must have a valid registration for the meeting. A full prepayment is required;
- You must attend the conference in order to receive the Travel Award Prize.
Your application must be submitted as a PDF file (max 4 pages) and include:
- 1-page biosketch,
- 1-page CV
- a copy of your abstract
- a letter from your supervisor on official letterhead confirming your student / ECR status
When naming your PDF application file, please include only the following details:
- name of the Award you are applying for
- conference name
- your First and Last Name
(e.g.Student Award_HUPO2019_Walter Smith or ECR Award__HUPO2019_ Walter Smith)
Friday, 14 June 2019
HUPO 2019 - ECR Competition: “Proteomics Highlight of the Year”
The Early Career Researcher Initiative (ECR) of the Human Proteome Organization is pleased to announce the fifth ECR Manuscript Competition to take place at HUPO 2019 in Adelaide, Australia!
The manuscript competition was initiated at HUPO 2015 in Vancouver and has been successfully repeated at all following HUPO world congresses. The competition is a unique opportunity to make early-career researchers more visible to the proteomics community. It serves as a platform to highlight the important contributions that postdoctoral fellows, young clinicians and junior faculty members make to the proteomics field. At HUPO 2019 in Adelaide, Australia September 15-19, 2019 we will repeat this successful event.
HUPO encourages all ambitious early-career proteomics researchers to participate in this competition with an already published or accepted manuscript during calendar years 2018-2019. Three finalists will be selected to present their publications in a related parallel session at HUPO 2019 in Adelaide, where an expert committee will evaluate their oral presentations. Awards (first place $1,000 and two runners-up each $500) will be presented to the finalists during the Closing Ceremony & Awards Session on September 18, 2019. In addition, the three finalists will receive complimentary registration for HUPO 2019 (registration will be refunded post congress). Application deadline is April 30, 2019.
Eligibility: Competition is intended for postdoctoral fellows (Ph.D. degree awarded post January 2014), junior faculty members (appointment post January 2016) and young clinicians (M.D. degree awarded post January 2013). Applicants must be HUPO members.
Publication Criteria: The applicant must have significantly contributed to the publication as a first or last (or shared first/last) author. The publication must be an original research article. Review articles will not be considered. The publication must have been accepted or printed for publication at the time of submission for the competition, but not earlier than January 1, 2018. Manuscripts which were posted on bioRxiv and other preprint servers prior to submission will be considered.
Selection Process: Publications will be reviewed by an ad-hoc expert panel of scientists and scored regarding various aspects. The ECR Committee will select three finalists based on:
- Publication score at review process which takes into consideration the scientific content and novelty of the work; and
- Career track record, academic age and research career plans and goals of the applicant.
The three finalists will be selected and notified by June 2019. The finalists must submit an abstract for HUPO (by the June 14 abstract submission deadline) and provide a biosketch and headshot picture within five business days of receiving their notifications.
How to Apply
A complete application needs to include the documents listed below which should be compiled into two separate pdf files (outlined below). Send completed applications by email to email@example.com before April 30, 2019. Deadline is April 30, 2019.
- A PDF file including:
- Completed version of this application form
- Curriculum vitae
- A maximum of a 5-sentence statement where the applicant motivates why his/her recent publication should be one of the proteomics highlights of the year, i.e. why and how his/her publication contributed to the field.
- A maximum of a 10-sentence statement where the applicant describes his/her own scientific vision, research career plans and career goals
- Single publication file as a pdf (including the supplementary information, if it applies):
- The manuscript must be an original research article and the applicant must have contributed significantly to the concept and/or experimental work and/or data analysis.
- The publication must have been accepted and/or printed for publication at the time of submission to the competition, but not earlier than January 1, 2018.
- Publication must be in English.
To download the application form click here
HUPO PhD Poster Competition
We are delighted to announce that once again HUPO is holding its PhD Poster Competition at HUPO 2019 in Adelaide, Australia. Eight poster abstracts will be selected based on excellence to have a short oral poster presentation at HUPO 2019 in Adelaide. From these eight presentations, three presenting authors will be identified and awarded (USD $200 for the winner and USD $150 for the two runners-up) plus have their congress registration reimbursed.
How to enter:
- Submit a poster abstract via the HUPO 2019 abstract submission form - https://www.hupo2019.org/submissions/
- Select to enter the PhD Poster Competition when asked on the form
- Upload to the form supporting documentation to confirm student status e.g. student ID or letter from supervisor
- Send five lines describing the main achievements of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of your email should be: HUPO 2019 PhD Poster Competition – your name
- Note the presenting first author (or co-first author) must be a PhD Student
Submission deadline is June 14, 2019. Finalists will be notified before the end of July 2019.
For queries on the competition please contact HUPO Office at email@example.com
Past HUPO PhD Poster Competition Finalists:
HUPO 2018 Orlando, Florida
- Desmond Li, Australia (Winner)
- Aaron Robinson, USA (Winner)
- Amber Weiner, USA (Winner)
- Andreas Hober, Sweden
- Juanjuan Xie, China
- Tim Van Den Bossche, Belgium
- Benjamin Pullman, USA
- Shubham Gupta, Canada
HUPO 2017 Dublin, Ireland
- Marc Van Oostrum, Switzerland (Winner)
- Johanna Simon, Germany (Winner)
- Fernanda Kugeratski, Scotland (Winner)
- Christine Yeh, USA
- Subash Adhikari, Australia
- Anna Meyfour, Iran
- Aleksandra Binek, Spain
- Marika Mokou, Greece
HUPO 2016 Taipei, Taiwan
- Christopher Ashwood, Australia (Winner)
- Margherita Dell'Aica, Germany (Winner)
- Zhiduan Su, Australia (Winner)
- Mattias Brofelth, Sweden
- Yi-Ju Chen, Taiwan
- Heeyoun Hwang, South Korea
- Peter Kubiniok, Canada
- George Rosenberger,Switzerland
Read the HUPO 2016 report for more information on the winners.